Monday, January 28, 2008

LEMON MERINGUE PIE


My second challenge was ready……. I got the help of my kids as well and we all had a smashing time.

I did not have a big fluted pan, so opted to make mini pies and they looked oh so cute. I did have extra lemon custard which was distributed equally to my hubs and kids who were waiting anxiously for the pies to be ready. “No touching the pies” till the photography session is over was my instructions, but catch them waiting !. To my query of why is one missing, they said, it was not very presentable for the photography session.

On the whole a good challenge. Look forward to next.




12 comments:

Big Boys Oven said...

Cool! ours tarlet shell looks the same and I like you meringue, so slick and well swirl!

... said...

Looking great... good job.

Iisha

Deborah said...

That sounds like something my husband would do - steal one saying it's not fit for photography!

They look wonderful! Great job!

T’s Treats said...

Beautiful tarts =) !!

Helene said...

The tartlets look fantastic! I can really "see" your kids waiting to dig in!

Dolores said...

They're gorgeous! Kudos to your husband and kids for not eating *all* the evidence before you photographed it. :)

Wendy said...

Your mini pies look sweet. How funny that your kids swiped a pie when you weren't looking! Was it stored on a windowsill? Wendy

Angel said...

Your tart looks adorable!! That is so wonderful your family participated with you.

Unknown said...

They look like cupcakes for grownups. Perfect size for noshing....

Lunch Buckets said...

What a perfect little pie!

Lis said...

I love that mold.. I need lil ones like that.. with the higher sides. Makes for such a pretty lil tartlet!

Well done!

xoxo

Unknown said...

GLad you had hands to help! These tarts look wonderful!